Search 2.0

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Microsoft now claiming to remove DRM and Internet connectivity requirments.


Today Microsoft's Don Matrick(President of their Interactive Entertainment Business) announced the they would be reversing their stance on DRM issues and the Xbox One's Internet connectivity requirements for gameplay. You can click on this link to head over to one of my favorite websites for more details and a copy of the press release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-80-microsoft-reverses-xbox-one-drm-features/#continued

This move does not surprise me following the backlash from the gaming community and seems a good correction to a move that could have resulted in them losing the next console war. While their are other issues such a its Kinect requirement and higher price point, I think Microsoft has taken a good step forward. Thanks for reading guys and don't forget to check out my youtube channel and follow me on twitter-links on my blog. Have a great day!-mjm180wr

No comments:

Post a Comment